Thursday, June 23, 2011

He's Right

So, it was another day with Sam.  I was still SUPER sore, and he said he doesn't want me that sore and we took it a little easier today.  He said that if I'm constantly in terrible pain from soreness it will be all I ever think about and I will not want to train.  Honestly, he's right.  I was absolutely dreading going to my session today and I almost cancelled, because I just didn't think my body could do it. 

I'm glad I went.  Don't get me wrong; he worked me hard.  I am sore, but I can move comfortably right now.  I don't feel like body parts are going to fall off lol!  We had a chance to talk a little more today, and I feel blessed that Sam was assigned to me.  He really cares and I could really tell that today.  This is his career.  It isn't just a hobby or side job for him.  It is what he's passionate about doing, which makes him more invested in me.  He doesn't want me to simply set weight loss goals.  So, I have other goals like taking steps to eating clean, 25 regular push ups with perfect form, a 5k, a 10k, and eventually a half marathon.

I was doing bicep curls set at 35 lbs and I told him, "You think I'm stronger than I really am."  He looked at me with a grin and said,  "You're a heck of a lot stronger than you think you are.  I'm not the one confused."  After some reflection, I've come to the conclusion that he's right.  This is my 3rd week with him and I'm doing things I never would have thought I could do.  There have been several moments when he tells me to do something and I think I absolutely cannot do this.  I think my body is going to fail me.  Well, I have done every single thing he has asked me to do, so he must be right...I AM stronger than I give myself credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment