Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whoa, That's a lot of Cardio!

Yesterday was supposed to be strictly cardio, so that's what I did.  At the beginning of this year my New Year's resolution/goal was to try a new food and a new exercise, activity, or fitness class every month.  I started out well, but eventually I got away from it.  I remembered that resolution on Monday and decided to do something about it before the end of July.  I don't think I'm going to make the new food this month.  I did try a new class though.

I decided to try a spin class for the first time.  When I went in I could automatically tell these ladies have been going for awhile and are pretty close knit.  They were very welcoming though.  They seemed quite happy to have a newbie.  They told me to just go at my own pace, and they warned me that my bottom would be sore.  When the instructor came in she adjusted my bike for me, and we got started.  It honestly wasn't too too bad.  45 minutes in and I was spent though.  Thank the Lord it was only a 50 min class lol!  They were right about that seat.  It did not take long for my bum to hurt.  I was thankful for the times we were told to stand up.  I don't know what I expected, but it was an arm and leg workout, because of all the standing up and leaning forward.  Like I said, it wasn't too bad though.  I would go again.

After spin class I went jogging.  I moved up in intervals this week.  I went from jogging 1 min and walking 2 min to jogging 1 min, walking 1 min, jogging 3 min, walking 3 min.  I kept cycling that for about 20 min.  I completed 1.4 miles in 19:49, which is a little faster that last week, but not by much.  To be honest, I would love to be faster, but my #1 goal is to be able to jog a 5k in its entirety.  After I can do that, I would like to jog a 5k under 40 minutes.  I know if I keep jogging, I'll get there eventually.  When I tried this last year I made it to the point where I was jogging 30 minutes nonstop, and then I quite.  So, I know I can do it.  I just have to keep working out.  Yesterday's jog started out a little rough.  My legs felt heavy from the spin class.  As I got into jogging the 1st 3 minutes, things started to get back to normal though.  I did notice that I walked slower during the walking breaks.  I'm still pleased that I finished my session with no major problems and I didn't quit.  Go Me!

After the jog, it was 9:55 and my zumba class starts at 10.  So, although it was not in my plans, I decided to go to zumba.  I finished the class, but I definitely did not have my normal amount of energy.  It was rough.  I was definitely tired from the new class and the jog.  All totaled I did over 2 hrs of cardio yesterday.  I was worn out!  looking back, it doesn't seem that bad, but I know how I felt yesterday and I was exhausted when I got home.  I probably will not do that much cardio again anytime soon lol!  It was good to push myself though.

M.O.P. feat Busta Rhymes - Ante Up  *Warning Explicit Lyrics*

No comments:

Post a Comment