Saturday, July 26, 2014

Starting Over Again and Again

I am back at it, and once again I am heavier than ever before.  This week I have been working on eating better, which has worked because I dropped 3 lbs by eating better.  Nutrition is always the hardest part for me when it comes to losing weight.  I really enjoy the convenience of fast food.  I eat out constantly.  I think steak, potatoes, cheese, ice cream, and things drowned in butter are the absolute best!  My favorites are the things I should not have or that I should at least not have often.  I'm working on that.  Years ago when I did really well with losing weight it just took a little faking it until I made it.  So, I had to cook and eat things that I knew would get me where I wanted to be.  With a little research and experimentation I eventually found foods that were healthy for me and that I really enjoyed eating.  I need to go back to doing that.

When it comes to food I need to stop:
1) buying junk food- I have really been on a chip kick lately.  Up until a few days ago I had 3 bags of chips in my pantry, not the good kind...golden flake bbq, dill pickle, and tortilla chips

2) buying Michael Angelo's Shrimp Scampi- Honestly, this is probably my favorite frozen meal EVER!  The stuff is capital G O O D!  Let's look at the nutrition label though...540 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat...that's an entire days worth for me, I like to stay at 15 or below for saturated fat), 820 mg sodium, 46g carbs, and 25g protein.  Looking at the fat content gets me every time, but it is so so so good lol!  I can't resist it when it's on sale.  It's my kryptonite.  I need to stop buying this stuff.

3) saying I don't have enough time to cook- We all know the truth is that I do.  I sit and watch tv every evening when I could DVR something, prep my food, then come back and watch the tv program.

4) eating food on impulse- I pass by a Jack's and I just have to have a Big Bacon burger.  I am at a restaurant and I have to have what is probably the worst thing on the menu for me.  If I just take a few minutes and think I know I can make better choices.

5) skipping meals- Eating better foods more often will probably aid greatly with #4.

When it comes to food I need to start:
1) drinking more water

2) eating more fruits and vegetables

3) drinking more water

4) replacing some beef with chicken, fish, or vegetarian dishes

5) drinking more water

6) Did I say drinking more water?!?!?!

I think it will be good for me to remember good foods that I like (relative to what I normally eat, a lot of these items have cheese, but I try not to use much)
-egg white omelet (3 egg whites, chopped onion and bell peppers, dash of cheddar cheese, salsa)
-plain greek yogurt with blueberries
-sweet potatoes
-chicken quesadillas ( while grain tortillas, slow cooker chicken, small amount of cheese, pico de gallo)
-turkey sandwich (whole grain bread, real turkey, thin cheese slice, tomato slice, then placed in a hot press)
-pears (yay for good tasting fiber)
-natural peanut butter with a touch of honey
-apples
-salads (I just have to watch the dressing-I probably need to explore making my own)

I went walking one day, but other than that I had no exercise this week.  I am not sure when I will write again, hopefully soon though.  Maybe my next post will be about getting my exercise on track.  Anyway, I may not be excited right now, but I know it will be good to get back into things.  I can remember how great I felt when I was exercising and eating better.  So, good talk lol...see you next time.  On, I'm going back to posting songs I like to work out to at the end of my posts.  Have a great day!

One Republic: Love Runs Out

No comments:

Post a Comment