Sunday, October 5, 2014

Binges

I haven't blogged much, but I am still here.  The last two weeks have had ups and downs.  I have definitely eaten better (with some bad choices here and there), but the exercise has been lacking.  Something happened yesterday though, and I was craving EVERYTHING!  in one sitting I ate two chocolate iced doughnuts and a medium 10 piece nugget meal (with sweet tea).  I have no idea why, other than I just wanted it.  I wasn't particularly hungry.  It was like a compulsion and I had to leave my house.  Afterwards, I felt terrible...physically and emotionally.  It's like after a few days of making healthy choices my mind/body rebels and says "Give me Junk!!!"

This was my body last night...

I know slip ups happen, but I felt like last night was really bad.  I won't dwell on it, but I want to at least get it out there that it happened.

Over the weekend I have been doing a lot of thinking about the true nature of my commitment to change.  So far I feel like I am quasi-committed.  I've been making half-hearted attempts.  I eat well and exercise so long as it does not inconvenience me.  This means that I eat better a heck of a lot more than I exercise.  I'm normally a planner, but I don;t know if it's better for me to plan things or to just take it one day at a time when it comes to my fitness and health.  I need to sit down and think about why I really want this.  Right now the first thing that comes to mind is to feel better.  My knees ache, and I think it's because of the weight.  I remember being much happier when I was eating right and working out regularly.  Happiness should be enough.  I don't know.  I'll think on it and update on my next post.

This is a song from the Coke commercials.  I love this song...seriously, love it!  Have a great day ladies and gents!
Clean Bandit- Rather Be

No comments:

Post a Comment