Sunday, October 12, 2014

Doing Great!

So, it took a lot of work, but now I feel like prepping food was the BEST thing I could have ever done.  Here are a list of things I have learned and benefits I have found from pre-packing my food.

  • I pretty much just heat and go for the most part.  It really saves a lot of time in the long run.
  • I am not having to think about what I'm going to eat and whether or not I have anything at home to eat.  It's all there just waiting on me.  
  • Measuring has also made it much easier to track/log my food.  I know exactly how much I have.  It's great! 
  • Measuring also means that I see how much a proper serving size is, and to be honest, a normal serving size is a lot...especially with pasta, rice, and veggies.
  • I have a nice variety of food, and so far I am not bored with any of it. 
  • I am not stopping at fast food places.  So far I have been able to keep some kind of food with me/in my car so that I don't stop.  Stopping whenever I'm in the car became such a habit that my body just says I should be stopping or at least eating something, so if I eat something small that I brought from home while in the car then the craving for fast food goes away.
I feel like I have my mojo back.  I know it won't be like this everyday, but I feel awesome today!  I did some strength training today for the first time in awhile.  It was nothing fancy, but it was something.

3x12 Squats
3x12 Forward and Walking Lunges
3x12 Calf Raises
3x12 Squat Jumps
50 Jumping Jacks

Because I am feeling so great today...



No comments:

Post a Comment