Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just Get Up and Go

First, I'm sorry that I have not been by a few of your blogs lately.  I just realized that for some reason all of the blogs I follow are not showing up on my dashboard.  I had just thought a few of you had not written anything recently.  I'm going to try and figure out what happened and find your blogs later tonight.

I have not blogged in a week.  I have not worked out in a week.  I really feel horrible.  I have gained weight over the past month.  I feel sluggish again. I just feel awful all the way around.  You can always tell when I slack off, because I disappear.  If I'm not exercising or eating better then I really have nothing to talk about on this blog.  Plus, I don't want to have to come on here and say I've done nothing, so I avoid it like the plague.

Well, today I was sitting feeling sorry for myself and I just snapped out of it.  It's not much, but I did some burpees before I came to work.  I also packed my clothes, so I can go to the gym when I get off.  I can't even pinpoint why I quit or drastically slacked off.  I was feeling great, confidence was up, clothes were too big, compliments were flowing in, my energy level was sky high, my skin looked fantastic...why would you give all that up?  I have no idea. 

So, I'm going back to the philosophy of day by day.  Each day I am just going to get up and force myself to do something.  I know initially I will not feel like it at all.  I will just have to make myself do.  Eventually, I'll feel the way I felt a month ago.  Until then I'll fake it until I make it lol!  Tomorrow I'm planning to begin C25K again.  I'm hoping I will still be able to begin where I left off, which was week 3, but we'll see.

I'm going to the grocery store in the morning to get healthy foods.  I love the grocery store.  I have no idea why, but I do.  I was looking up foods with fiber and I ran across some info about McDonald's oatmeal.
I got this info from here

I realize I made the pic too large for the blog template I use, but I wanted to make sure you could read the info.  Did this info shock anyone else?  I have never had their oatmeal, but everyone I know has told me how good it is.  So, I had always planned to try it.  I think the sugar surprised me the most.  I guess I'll be sticking to my steel-cut oatmeal.  

One of my favorite pics from Win, Lose, or Blog...I think Catherine posted this one, but I'm not 100% sure.  It is exactly what I need to read and remember right now.


Since it's almost Christmas I'm going to post Christmas songs.  The workout songs will be back once Christmas is over.  I LOVE this song!  I look forward to hearing it every year.  Yes, it's filled with cheesy awesomeness and I love it haha!

7 comments:

  1. WOW on the sugar content, especially, in that McD's oatmeal! My hubby really likes that but the sugar content is whoa high! I'll have to let him know.

    I disappear when I'm not doing so hot, too. We can do this though :) Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, yes that shocked me. I have had it a few times thinking I was doing good. But I should have known when it tasted much better then my oatmeal at home....dang McD's!!

    I do the same thing mostly when I'm slacking.....we gotta keep it up though! You can do it girl. When you finish that 5K program we should meet at a race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!! This is a tough time of year for fitting in exercise and eating right. SO many parties, errands to run, so much food, so much good food, and treats!!! WE can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome graphics! I want to share both of those! Good for you for getting a plan, NOW STICK WITH IT!

    Oh and kick me in the hiney, as soon as this cold is gone I need to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won my giveaway!! please email me your info!

    Shmarie79@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Holidays!
    Singing "This Christmas"

    ReplyDelete