Saturday, December 31, 2011

Short End of the Year Review

This has been a pretty decent year for me.  I weighed in this morning at 227.8.  So, I have gained weight since last time I posted a chart for you all.  This is a yearly review though, so I am going to focus on the fact that I lost 20 lbs from my heaviest weight this year.  That's something to be happy about.  I am also in an XL shirt at Old Navy (I buy a lot of clothes from there.)  I can technically get into a L shirt, but my boobs are too big and it's not really flattering for my stomach anyway.  So, I've gone from a tight XXL to an XL that is lose around my stomach.  I also entered my first 5k this year.  I did not warm up properly and ended up slightly injured, but the point is that I overcame a fear and did it anyway.  There is one on Jan. 28,2012 that I plan to enter.  I have also dropped from a comfortable size 20 jean to a comfortable size 16.  On top of that I have lost 15 inches over 8 different spots on my body since I started working out in June.  I have also tried new workouts, new foods, and did things completely out of my comfort zone.  let's not forget meeting Sam!  He is amazing and through him I learned that I am stronger and can do things that I would have never imagined.  I might not have done everything I planned to do, but I definitely think I made a pretty great start.

Recap of this year:
-20 lb loss
-2 jean sizes down
-XXL to XL shirt
-completed 1st 5k
-15 inches lost since June
-got out of my comfort zone

Tomorrow I will take measurements for the new year.  I have done this for 2011 and 2010, so I will be able to compare the two.  I'll also jot down a few goals too.  So, check back tomorrow evening for that.

I worked out this morning for the first time in a week and it felt amazing!  I did 30 minutes of Zumba 2 on Wii.  My sister bought it for me for Christmas.  The graphics are much better than the 1st one and you are able to track your weight and it gives an estimate for calories burned.  So far though, I like the songs on the first one better, but I only did 6 or 7 songs out of close to 40...so I might have a different opinion of the songs as I do more of it.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooooo! Great job this year! Here is to even better one coming!

    ReplyDelete