Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good News!

It's been awhile.  I'm still trying to catch up on reading blogs. 

School:
I normally keep this blog weight loss or fitness related, but I had a great day yesterday so I want to talk about it.  A professor I had last semester loved some of the research I did so much that she wants me to enter it in a university-wide competition in April.  I was really pleased that she liked it so much.  I'm also entering the same research in a competition on Monday.  On top of that I have been really stressed out with 5 classes and working 80 hrs in one week.  I have been a functioning nutcase suffering from sleep deprivation.  So, I was going to drop 1 or 2 classes.  I had to meet with one of the professors I was thinking about dropping because of a research paper.  I was with him for about 40 min and he is absolutely amazing!  I left thinking there was no way I could drop him.  He's really great.  I left feeling better about that class, but still a little down about the workload I'm taking.  Well, I came home and had a letter waiting on me from the UA. 
This came along with another letter that said as long as I complete the 5 classes I am signed up for right now, I will graduate in May!!!!  Technically, I knew that according to my calculations this should happen, but there is something about getting it officially from the university.  I had applied for graduation early in December, but had not heard anything so I was getting nervous.  I was so excited yesterday!  Whoo Hoo!  I also had dinner and a movie with my parents, so that added to my fantastic day.

Now Back to Fitness:
I see Sam twice a week.  During my work week, my exercise sucks.  I literally don't have the time.  I see him during my 90 min break between classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Other than that, I am either in class or trying to catch up on sleep.  He's going to write me up two plans: one for my work week and one for my off week.  He says the work week plan is going to be really short, but he wants me to do something.  He says sleep is very important and he does not even want me trying to do hour long workouts  (even on the weekends that I work).  He started talking about lack of sleep and hormones and weight gain.  So, I'll let you all know what he comes up with when I see him Tuesday.

I can't even remember most of the things we did this past week.  It has all been a blur.  I can tell you that he jogged with me on Thursday.  I told him how I had not done anything on my own since my work week started, and that included jogging.  I was complaining how I was going to have to start all over with my jogging and I was depressed about it, so we went to the track.  We jogged for 11 min.  I have no clue about the distance, because we were talking so I wasn't counting laps.  I learned it is so much easier when you have someone with you.  I do have a few friends who run, but they are so much faster than me and can go a lot longer, so I never ask them because I would hate to slow them down.  It was really nice jogging with someone else though.

Before I go Win, Lose, or Blog is accepting applications for their next season.  I competed in this and had a great time.  Plus, you get prizes and who doesn't like prizes!  Anyone can apply.  Several sizes are accepted.  Many of the ladies from my season had already lost a lot of weight.  Some weighed a lot less that I did and a couple weighed more.  Basically, if you have any weight to lose...apply!  Here's a link that will give you more info and tell you where to go complete the application.  Give it a shot!

1 comment:

  1. WOW BRE!! So happy that you'll graduate so soon! Way to go! I've missed keeping up but I'm trying to get better.

    ReplyDelete