Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Entering a New Phase

I took a week off after the 5k nerve issues and I put on weight.  I was supposed to do another 6 weeks measurement last weekend, but I didn't want to because I had gained weight.  I'm doing it this upcoming weekend no matter what though.

As usual, my eating has not been very good.  I've done better since Sunday though.  It's hard to resist temptation sometimes.  I pass my tons of fast food places on my way home and my time is so limited.  I work full time and I am a full time student.  Stopping at a drive thru just seems so much easier when I'm short on time (which is most of the time).  This week I've made an effort not to stop for fast food.  The couple of times I have stopped I've made decent choices.  I stopped at Chick-fil-A and had their chargrilled chicken sandwich (normally: 12 count chicken nuggets, medium fry, and medium lemonade).  I also stopped at a Greek place and got a grilled chicken kabob plate (normally: cheeseburger, seasoned fries, and sweet mint tea).  I put a fresh bottle of water in my car every time I get in it, so I won't have an excuse to get a soda if I do stop somewhere.  All in all I've made pretty good changes.  With the two changes I made the two times I ate out I saved a gazillion calories lol!  I have also changed out salad dressings.  I used to use Hidden Valley Ranch (regular...not fat free or lite).  I now use a fat free, low calorie raspberry vinaigrette.  I really see the difference when I log my food.  I didn't realize there was so much fat and so many calories in a regular ranch dressing. 

Sam has officially given me homework.  He has given me a set of workouts for the next three weeks for three days that I do not see him.

WEEK 1
Day 1
40 min of cardio (2 min moderate, 2 min fast...repeat 10 times)

Day 2
21 Burpees
21 Leg Lifts
21 Squat Jumps
18 Burpees
18 Leg Lifts
18 Squat Jumps
15 Burpees
15 Leg Lifts
15 Squat Jumps
(then 12, 9, 6, 3)

Day 3
40 min of cardio (2 min moderate, 2 min fast...repeat 10 times)

WEEK 2
Day 1
45 min of cardio (30 min moderate, 15 minutes comfortably hard)

Day 2
5 Laps (each lap = 1/8 mile)
25 Push Ups
25 Squats
4 Laps
20 Push Ups
20 Squats
3 Laps
15 Push Ups
15 Squats
(then 2-10-10, 1-5-5)

Day 3
45 min of cardio (30 min moderate, 15 minutes comfortably hard)

WEEK 3
Day 1
50 min of cardio (2 min moderate, 3 min fast...repeat 10 times)

Day 2
2 Laps (sprinting)
10 Push Ups
2 Laps (sprinting)
10 Burpees
(repeat 6 times)

Day 3
50 min of cardio (2 min moderate, 3 min fast...repeat 10 times)


When I read this I looked at Sam like he was a crazy person.  Of course, he has faith I can do it all.  I will always do the "day 2" workout on Wednesdays.  When I work I will do the "day 1" and "day 3" workouts on Saturdays and Sundays.  When I'm off I'll do them on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  In some ways I'm looking forward to it.  I know it will kick off this next 6 weeks for me on a really great note.  I look at this "homework" and I can see the lbs falling off.  On the other hand, I know it's going to be really hard work.  I feel like I've goofed off this past 6 weeks, so I really need a kick in the pants to turn in an awesome set of measurements in another 6 weeks.

Right now I can admit that I do not always give my workouts everything I have.  I get tired and just squeak out whatever I can to get by, but at the end of this next 6 weeks I hope to be able to say:


I forgot to post a song with my last post.  Janet Jackson has a lot of music that's good for workouts.  Sometimes you just need something upbeat to put a smile on your face.  This does it for me.











1 comment:

  1. OMG @ the homework! I'd rather write a report and I HATE writing reports! lol
    Anyhooooo...
    I like this post because it shows that you are human and no one is perfect. The important thing is that when you fall down, you get back up! You're certainly an inspiration. I believe in you and I know you WILL do it!
    .........
    Best workout soundtrack EVER = LMFAO! ;) Get with the program. (Sexy and I know it; Party Rock Anthem; etc)

    ReplyDelete