Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Eat Better and Feel Better

I tried to jog over the weekend, but it didn't go well.  I think I did 1.5 miles in 25 minutes or something close to that.  My shins were hurting 0.25 miles into the workout and I just didn't have to motivation to finish.  This schedule puts me nowhere close to a 40 min 5k.  My 1st 5k is this weekend, by the way.  I'm nervous, but I'm going to do it anyway.  I know I have not trained like I should have.  Oh, Sam has to go out of town and had to drop out of the 5k, so no 5k pic with Sam a the end.  I'm still planning to have my parents take a pic as I cross the finish though.

On last Friday (I think) I had a perfect food day.  I ate clean all day.  The difference is really amazing!  First, I was shocked at the amount of food I could eat with so few calories.  I was literally stuffed and had only eaten fewer than 300 calories.  I had grilled chicken, a ton of broccoli, and a sweet potato for that meal.  I'm not exaggerating, I was really shocked.  Second, I felt so much better.  Although I was super full I never felt bloated or anything.  I didn't feel sick and I had a lot more energy.  I was happier.  Eating better is a mood booster.  I was on a high that day.  I tried to continue the next day, but I ate out and blew it.

Tuesday was a training day.  Oh, I did real push ups for the first time today!!!!!  GO me!  I was shocked by how many I could do.  I even got a compliment from another trainer who was impressed with my form.  It felt great!  I'm going to list what I did, but I did three rounds of everything.
Step Ups (1 min on each leg)
Lat Pulldowns (20)
Burpees (10)
V-Ups (10)
Chest Fly (20)
Leg Lifts (20)
Push Ups (12) non-modified YAY me!
Split Lunge Jumps (10)
Walking Lunges (15)
Jog 1 min, walk 30 sec (5 rounds)
Squat Jumps (12)

This isn't the order I did these in, but I think I remembered everything.  I did 3 rounds of everything except the jogging.  This was actually a pretty decent workout for me.  It worked me, but I felt fine once I left.  I was never out of breath or anything.

Today's song isn't just a song.  I'm not sure if I've talked about it, but I absolutely love Zumba.  So, this is a video of one of the routines we do in class and it's also included on the Wii game.  This is actually a screen shot from the game and it's one of my favorites.  It's easy to catch on!
Zumba Fitness - Feel Like Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment