Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Started Out with Good Intentions

Today was a jogging day.  I went early (6:45 am) and I made sure to take my water.  I started my 5 minute warm up and all was well.  I started jogging and that's when things went downhill lol!  The muscles near my shins were not cooperating AT ALL.  I was honestly pretty disappointed, because I felt great heading out there.  I think some of the problem comes from the short amount of jogging I had to do yesterday.  I did not jog much, but for some reason I pound a lot harder when I'm on a treadmill and I was a little sore from yesterday.  I might ask Sam not to jog on Tuesdays or I might stop jogging on Wednesdays and add a jogging day on the weekend.  I walked most of this, but I did 3.2 miles, which is a 5k, in 49 minutes.  When I race in less than 4 weeks I really want to finish in under 40 min, so I really need to push myself.

I think we were in the high 70s or low 80s early this morning, but the humidity is still ridiculous!  I was sweating like a crazy person.  I could not keep sweat out of my eyes and I don't even want to tell you what my shirt looked like when I was done.  Thank goodness my t shirt wasn't white lol!  I'm going to have to start jogging with a face towel.  I had to go to the grocery store immediately afterwards, and a guy looked at me and said, "You've been jogging."  Haha! 

I LOVE this song.  Skip the first minute and a half of the video to get to the song.
Nelly Furtado - Maneater

No comments:

Post a Comment