Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Too Hot

I went jogging yesterday and it did not go so well.  First, I should not have waited until 11am.  I live in Alabama and the heat and humidity will cause severe damage to your body.  I simply got out of my car and began to sweat.  I should have known to get back in my car and jog indoors.  The problem is I absolutely hate to jog indoors.  I like the scenery of jogging/walking outside.  So, I pressed on.  I had dreams of doing 3 miles (mixture of walking and jogging).  This did not happen.  Close to half a mile in I was drenched in sweat.  My breathing wasn't normal anymore and I knew this was a BAD idea.  I also forgot to stretch, so my legs were not cooperating.  To sum things up I walked/jogged 1.5 miles in 20 minutes in 97 degrees and insane humidity! 

I am happy I did something, but next time I will know to take it inside.  I'm really trying to do much better the next 4 weeks.  If I'm counting correctly, that's how long I have until another big weigh in and measurement session.  I'll also run my first 5k around that time too.  I'll be heading to see Sam in a couple of hours.  I'm feeling pretty good, so I hope it's a good day.  I hope I do not see my nemesis...the dreaded BOSU ball lol!

Today's song is an oldie, but goodie...and one of the craziest music videos I've ever seen lol!
Deee Lite - Groove is in the Heart

EDIT:
I have now come back from my training sessions and I did have to meet the dreaded BOSU ball lol!  I also met my nemesis, Mountain Climbers, today too.  Today's workout:
-20 modified pushups and about 15 walking lunges (3 rounds)
-jog for 1:30, burpees on the BOSU ball for 1:15, mountain climbers for 1:00, and squats with medicine ball overhead toss for 0:45 (4 rounds)
-step ups for 1 minute and bicep curls for 1 minute (3 rounds)
-tricep extensions (12, 10, 8)
-chest fly (12, 10, 8)
-plank on bench (held for 1 minute, 3 rounds)

Today, Sam also told me that he can tell I'm starting to drop the weight.  This made my day, because I know Sam does not throw out idle compliments!  So, now I'm feeling super motivated.

1 comment:

  1. I know I shouldn't laugh but the first part of this post was SO funny! Great visual. lol
    .........
    LOVE THAT SONG!!!!!
    ..............
    I bet you look and feel GREAT!

    ReplyDelete