Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just Rambling

I have not posted in awhile because I mostly post workout with Sam and I have not seen him in over a week.  I should go back towards the end of next week.  I miss him.  He has given me wonderful tools and I know I don't NEED or HAVE to have him, but I really do miss him.  I want to go back...soon!  He is just so great.  I wish all of you could have a Sam in your lives.  I don't know what I'm going to do when he leaves lol!

Win, Lose or Blog Week 1 Results are in.  be sure to join in on the mini-contest every Tuesday.  You will be eligible for prizes too!  I'm in 7th place (out of 8).  I did lose close to 2 lbs though, so I'm still pleased.  I knew coming into this that my average is 1-2 lbs per week.  So, I guess I'm right on track for my norm.  Plus, I had gained a couple of pounds the weeks before, so it's good to lose them.

On another note, I have a 5k this Saturday.  It's a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure fundraiser.  I have not been training like I should, so I'm not too excited about this one.  I shold beat my time from the 1st 5k though (52 min).  I took off work this Friday night so I can get a decent night's sleep before race day.  Then again, I have friends coming in to town who I have not seen in awhile.  So, who knows what kind of sleep I will get.  We'll see, and you know I'll give a race report at some point over the weekend.

Another thing on my mind is the fact that I'll have another 6 week measurement session in about a week and a half.  At this moment, my weight is pretty much the same as it was 4 weeks ago.  So, I don't want to take measurements AT ALL.  On a good note, I still have close to two weeks to make a difference and I plan to make the most of it.  Gosh, I just have to do better.  I keep saying that and not following through, so I'm going to come up with some kind of reward system for myself.  I'm not sure if I want to use a a system that looks at my weight (like every 10 or 15 lbs) or if I want to use the measurements that I take every 6 weeks.  I think about it and let you know what I decide.  Suggestions are always welcome!  I'm not a fan of punishments, but I might decide on burpees for a punishment if I don't get all my water in for the day.

Taken from Reasons To Be Fit


I have no idea if I've posted this song before or not, but here you go
David Guetta, Chris Willis, and Fergie - Getting Over You

1 comment:

  1. I want a Sam!

    I had no idea you were doing another race! Have fun!

    As for suggestions, shopping is always motivational. :-) Buy new workout clothes for every 10 lbs. Looking good at the gym never hurt anyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete