Monday, October 3, 2011

Win, Lose, or Blog Post and Info

SO.........today marks the first day of the competition and I'm so excited.  My blog page is up and running here's the link to Briana's WLB Blog.  When I post there I'll try to post here too.  Some things won't really be relevant, so I may cut and paste items.  I'll definitely keep my Sam workouts here for my special anonymous commentor. I know how you like to know specifically what Sam and I did lol!  Here's my first WLB post.  If you have been following this page, then you already know most of this introductory info.

OH WAIT.....before that post.  I just came from a visit with Sam.  I'm having some breathing issues, so we took it easy.
3 ROUNDS OF EVERYTHING:
15 Push Ups
20 Walking Lunges
20 Step-Ups
15 Leg Lifts
10 Lat Pulldowns
15 Walk Outs
5 Burpees (You know I was honestly sick if Sam only made me do 3 rounds of 5 burpees lol!)
12 In and Outs

3 rounds of this took me an hour.  It normally would not have taken so long, but he gave me tons of rest breaks in order to get my breathing under control.  We also chatted about me hitting a plateau.  I've been at a standstill for a little bit.  He said it's normal, but be happy that I'm still getting smaller even though the scale is not budging.

NOW THIS IS MY WLB POST:

Hi everyone!  This is my first post for Win, Lose, or Blog and I am SO excited to be here!  If you have not already read my short bio I am 29 and I stay busy.  I've been attempting to lose weight since June with a trainer (Sam).  I blog more about my trainer here.  So far I've been doing an alright job, but I know I can do better.  On average I lose about 1 lb per week.  I know 1-2 lbs a week is what many people recommend, but I want more.  Well, if I want more I have to put in more work.  I have to work hard and eat clean.  I am not a believer in starving.  I think the most successful people with weight loss have done it the old fashioned way...exercise and portion control.

My downfall most of the time is what I eat.  I work long shifts and I also attend school full time.  My time is limited, I don't get enough sleep, and it is always so much easier to grab fast food than it is for me to actually prepare something healthy.  Plus, I'm completely addicted to salt and sugar.  I have slowly started to try and incorporate healthier foods into my diet though.  I bought a few Mrs. Dash seasonings to try and curb the salt.  I honestly had no idea there were so many salt free seasoning choices.  I also had no idea I would really like them.  Since trying new foods I have discovered that I really like hummus and pita bread, asparagus, and grilled chicken seasoned with a Mrs. Dash blend.

Another downfall of mine is cardio.  I HATE it!  I don't mind lifting weights at all.  I actually really love strength training.  Cardio is what I can't stand.  I don't like being out of breath.  I just don't enjoy it at all.  I know I have to do it though.  I'll never melt the fat away if I don't do cardio.  I think the trick is finding cardio that I enjoy.  For the most part, that is Zumba.  I also jog and use the elliptical.  Jogging is another story in itself.  Jogging and I have a love/hate relationship.  While I'm doing it, I hate it.  Once I'm done, I love it and want to jog again.  It's strange.  I'm signed up for a 5k on Oct. 15.  I will not be able to jog it all, but I'm still excited to participate.

My motivation comes and goes.  Some weeks I am all pumped up and I do everything almost perfectly.  Then there are times when I just don't feel like doing anything at all.  That's one reason I was so interested in Win, Lose or Blog.  It is another way to keep me accountable.  I'm hoping to have lost 10 lbs at the end of this 7 weeks.  That will put me around 223, which is the smallest I have been in many years.  I know it's technically a competition, but I don't feel like it really is.  By that I mean, this is such a wonderfully, supportive community of people who are all here for encouragement, support, and motivation.  I sincerely hope everyone does well. 

I always end my blogs with a song (normally from my workout playlist).  I've used this one on my main blog before.  I really love it.  Many times it is my go to song when I jog.
Janet Jackson - Make Me

1 comment:

  1. Hi Briana! I just hopped over here from WLoB because I saw myself in your post a little. I too HATE cardio...now that's really something coming from me because I'm a part time fitness instructor. I hated cardio until I found something I liked. I was going to recommend Zumba, but I see you've already discovered that! :) If you're looking for more/different class times, try Zumba.com. You can enter your city and find a whole bunch of difference classes in your area! Also, I love group fitness because I work harder in a group than I do by myself (you can't quit as easily when other people are still working their tails off!)

    I really don't like running! So I don't. it's that simple. i'd rather go to a step class, Zumba, or just rollerblade (when it's not -40!) I think the key to success is finding something you enjoy.

    “Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun.”
    Colleen C. Barrett

    Best of luck!

    ~JILL

    ReplyDelete