Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fiber, Fiber, Everywhere

I don't have much to talk about today concerning exercise, so I'm going in a different direction today.  I'm a HUGE fan of fiber!  I know it sounds weird, but I really am.  This week I wanted to actively try to incorporate more fiber into my diet.  I always feel so much better when I am hitting my goal for fiber (25g).  It's great for choloesterol, blood sugar levels, and weight loss.  Don't believe me...check out an the following article below.
Mayo Clinic Fiber Article

You can find fiber in whole grains, nuts, veggies, and fruit.

Things I love with high fiber counts:
I always add extra raisins

a snack food for me...I carry them around in a ziplock bag and snack on them (I always eat my cereal dry.  I hate milk lol)


These taste like candy bars to me.  I buy large packs of these from Sams Club.

Another Fiber One product that I really like

I LOVE WAFFLES...I wish the ones with added fiber came with blueberries already mixed in

I've been eating the apples and cinnamon oatmeal since I was little.  I thought I would hate the reduced sugar, but I actually really like it and I keep this stocked in my house.

I probably get most of my fiber in by eating fruit or Fiber One products.

1 comment:

  1. I so need more fiber in my diet!! I haven't toted around dry cereal as a "snack" in a long time... may have to pick some up next time I get groceries!

    ReplyDelete