Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Slow and Steady


I have to keep reminding myself of this.  Averaging 1 lb per week does not sit well with me all the time, but over time it really is quite wonderful.  I was watching Dr. Oz yesterday and he brought up the fact that those who lose weight slowly, statistically have a better chance at keeping it off.  That made me happy.  I have to remember that I'm only in a race with myself and the only way I lose is if I quit.  I have come to far to quit, so that is not an option.  Let's be honest though...sometimes it is hard.  There are days I don't want to do anything or I only want to do half of a planned workout.  Today was one of those days.  I had an hour of cardio scheduled for today.  I chose the elliptical.  After 10 minutes I was in the zone and feeling great, but at 45 minutes I hit a wall and it took almost everything I had to finish.  Life is like that sometimes, but I did finish and I was proud of myself for doing so.

Am I the only person who takes pride in a sweaty body after a workout?  It's like my badge of honor.  I love it.  It makes me feel like I've really done something.  A soaking wet t-shirt makes me giddy with joy.  It reminds me the pounds and inches are going away, and in the end that's all that matters!

Yeah, I really do have Nsync in my workout playlist...don't judge me lol!
Nsync - Pop

1 comment:

  1. Funny with the NSync! It makes me feel alot better after a workout when I know that I have gave it my best!! Keep it up girl, I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete