Friday, November 4, 2011

Plan for the Weekend

Yesterday, I was a cardio day.  So here's what I did:
42 min on treadmill.
-10 min warmup
-alternating 3 min on incline and 2 min flat (I started with a 5% incline then 6%, 7%, 8%, 7%, 6%)
Went to the track and walked a 15 minute mile
Elliptical for 30 min

I had planned to do at least an hour using the inclines and I wanted to go all the way up to a 12% incline, because I had done that with Sam once, but I just couldn't make it.  The day I did the 12% with him it was part of a lot of other things, so I was on the treadmill for about 5 minutes and he gradually took me to the 12% incline and I stayed there for 3 minutes and then came back down and went to weights.  I remember thinking how good that was for my legs, so that's why I wanted to do something similar yesterday.  I did not do exactly what I wanted to do, but I still got in a good workout.

Since I didn't hit the 60 minutes I wanted to do (my calves and thighs were really at a breaking point) I decided to hit the track.  Walking a 15 minute mile for me is fast walking.  I was planning to stop after this, but I was on an exercise high at this point.  The endorphins had kicked in, so I looked for something else to do and saw the elliptical empty.  I did 30 min on it, and I honestly wanted to do something else, but I decided not to over-do it.

Today this is what I'm planning:
        (x3)
50 Jumpimg Jacks
40 Squats
30 Push-Ups
20 Leg Lifts
10 Burpees
50 Mountain Climbers
40 Lunges
30 Curl to Press
20 Tricep Dips
10 V-Ups

Hopefully, I'll do this as soon as I finish catching up with things online.  A friend told me about a website for core exercises.  The site is Random Abs.  There is no sign up or anything...just go there everyday and get a new core workout.  They also have links to show you how to do each exercise in case you are not familiar with the names.  I'm going to give it a try.

This weekend I'm really going to have to watch it.  Bama is playing LSU, so there will probably be 2-3 bars in my future this weekend.  In case you are not a college football fan like I am, it's a HUGE game!  In my opinion and according to the rankings we are the best two teams in the nation.  It's a shame we are in the same conference and this isn't the national championship game.  The game is Saturday and ESPN has been here since Wednesday and filming live since Thursday.  I was so excited to see the Gameday guys yesterday as I was coming from class.  Roll Tide!
ESPN UA/LSU Commercial

Back to something fitness related lol!  I'm going to have to give away this extra Halloween candy.  I cannot even tell you how many Blow Pops I have eaten.  I'm planning to take it to my parents and they will probably take it to our church to give to the kids there.  I have no idea what I'm going to eat today.  I need to go grocery shopping and I need to plan out my list ahead of time, so I won't stray from it.  So far, I've still been doing a good job avoiding the candy and cookie aisle.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I won't get any blogging done again until Sunday or Monday, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!


David Guetta ft Usher - Without You

1 comment: