Friday, November 11, 2011

Goals

This will be a short post, because I'm actually in the middle of typing and researching a 16 page paper that's due Monday.  I'm such a procrastinator.  I needed a break though and decided to blog.

I've been thinking about goals lately.  Without Sam, my exercise dedication has been losing steam.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still doing it, but I don't have quite the same amount of joy.  It's like I have nothing to look forward to.  So, I need goals.  For the past year or so I have had dreams of becoming a runner.  I have attempted and quit the Couch 2 5k program twice out of sheer laziness.  With that being said, I am signing up for a half marathon in April 2012.  I am really hoping that 6 months is enough to get me in decent shape.  I will either be doing the Rock 'n' Roll in Nashville, TN or the Oak Barrel Half in Lynchburg, TN.  at the moment I am leaning towards the Lynchburg race.  The Nashville race will feature country music, which I'm not a huge fan of (but if Keith Urban or Kenny Chesney will be there then sign me up lol).

I can currently jog for about 12 minutes nonstop.  At the end of that time I think I'm going to pass out though lol.  So, I am probably going to give the C25K program a shot again.  I'm going to use next week and this weekend trying to figure out just where in the program I should start.  I'll try Week 1 Day 1 and see if it's too easy, or a pretty good fit.  I am going to look for shorter distance races to schedule before the half in order to keep me motivated, but the half is my ultimate goal.  Wish me luck!

On another note, I did a workout from Oxygen Magazine on Wednesday and I am so sore.  The workout I used was from the Jan 2010 issue.  I have close to 5 years of Oxygen magazines at home.  I have read each of them in its entirety at some point, and I am still overweight.  That just goes to show that you can know what to do and have all the right tools, but you will not change until you are ready to do so.  Anyway, it was a full body strength training routine and boy am I feeling it.  The soreness makes me feel alive though, in some odd way...go figure.

I tried to make this pic extra large, so everyone can read the words.  I hope they are not too blurry from my enlarging it.  No song today...Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment