Monday, November 7, 2011

More Rambling...I'm Quite Good at Rambling lol

So....we lost.  6-9 in overtime.  The good news is that we are still #3, so there is a chance we can still go to the championship game!  No worries, I'm not going to go into a football rant lol!

For those who don't know, I am in Tuscaloosa, AL.  In April we were hit by a MONSTER tornado (stick with me...I promise I have a reason for mentioning this).  It destroyed a good bit of the city, including a place almost everyone here loves to eat at, Taco Casa. 

The top pic is before the tornado and the bottom pic is the exact same location afterwards.  If you look on the right side in the top pic you can see Taco Casa's building.  You can also see it's completely gone in the bottom pic.

Well, after 6 months they finally reopened their main building.  I HAD to go.  Well, it made me sick.  You see I have been eating better lately.  This is not the first time this has happened to me.  It happened with fried chicken a few weeks ago.  I'm not pleased at all it happened with one of my favorites places though.  I ordered a beef burrito and felt HORRIBLE after I ate it.  I thought I had a stomach virus or something, but it was just the grease I suppose.  I wonder if things would have gone better if I had ordered it with chicken instead.  I think I would cry if I could never eat at Taco Casa again.  I know each of you has to have some hometown favorite spot to eat.  So, on one hand I am glad to realize that I have made major changes to my nutrition.  On the other, I HAVE to find something I can eat there lol!

I weighed in and I'm not 100% pleased...maybe 85%.  I had gained about 4 lbs during TOM.  I lost 3 of that 4.  I know it could be worse.  So, I'm not complaining too much.  There are only 2 weeks left in WLB and I'm hoping to really make them count.  I had wanted to drop 10 lbs, but it does not look like that is going to happen.  That's alright though.  It was an ambitious goal for me to begin with knowing my average loss per week.  I can still come pretty close though.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a workout today.  Well, I just lied.  I looked at my list of options from Sam and I just picked one. 
       
           (x2)
High Knees for 2 min
1 min Mountain Climbers
20 Thrusters 
20 Leg Lifts

Jumping Jacks for 2 min
30 sec Squats w/ Pulse
20 non-modified Pushups
20 Wall Balls

Jog in place for 2 min
15 Alligator Walk  (words cannot express how much I hate this exercise..it is absolutely the hardest thing Sam has ever made me do and definitely my least favorite)
1  min Burpees
20 Squats

I want to go to a zumba class today at 3:30, but we'll see.  I have a test tomorrow and a 16 page paper due next Monday.  Zumba will depend on how much progress I make on my school work.

Oh, I can't remember if I let you all know or not, but I finally had to give the Insanity dvds back last week.  I'm not happy about it.  I really liked them.  Plus, the co-worker has not used them at all.  He has not even attempted to use them.  Okay, okay...I realize they were never mine to begin with, and I sound like a pouting child, but I want them back haha!  I guess I'll either have to save to buy my own or put it on my Christmas list along with the new Zumba on Wii that comes out sometime this month.  According to my sister I need to put new clothes on my Christmas list, because I'm still wearing clothes that are too big and she declares that sometimes I look a "hot mess" lol! 

I almost forgot.  I received a Versatile Blogger award.  So I have to tell you 7 things about myself and give the award to 15 other bloggers.  At the moment, I'm not even sure I follow 15 active bloggers and I know a few of them have already done this.  Some of the links will not be "traditional" blogs.  A few are tumblr sites that I just really like to look at.


1. I bite my nails...not a good habit and I'm hoping to change this
2. I love really good hummus dip.  I mean REALLY love it.
3. I'm obsessed with Christmas.
4. I love scented candles.
5. I have cracked my sternum before...not a pleasant experience AT ALL
6. I hate to work out in front of people
7. I'm a sucker for Hallmark movies

Blogs:
Win, Lose, or Blog (motivation, weight loss, giveaways, competition, etc)
Fitness For the Rest of Us (weight loss, reviews, giveaways)
Avery and Winslow (crafting)
Runs for Cookies (maintaining weight loss, running)
Changing from Fat to Fit (running, weight loss, fitness, etc)
Gina's Skinny Recipes (recipes)
Carbie Girl (weight loss)
Endurance Isn't Only Physical (running)
Girl with Curves (fashion)
Millie's Blog (another client of Sam's) (weight loss, running, triathalons)
365 Weighs (she has not posted in awhile, but it's still good stuff)
Finding Myself While Losing Myself (weight loss)
Fat Girl in a Skinny World (weight loss)
Pril's Place (fashion)
Hourglass Red (weight loss)

There is also a giveaway going on for one more day at Changing from Fat to Fit, so stop by and enter.  Sorry for the super late notice.

I love this song when I'm jogging.
Janelle Monae - Tightrope

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! And thank you for the award!! :) One of my favorite places to eat is Wing Zone...not sure if you have one there but oh my goodness I could eat like...well a lot.

    ReplyDelete